The Daily Mile is a worldwide initiative which aims to get children out of the classroom for 15 minutes every day to run or jog, at their own pace, in the fresh air with friends.
Running tracks suitable for The Daily Mile can be made by creating a route into an existing playground. However, many schools with little usable space have invested in an all-weather, purpose-built track, installed over existing grass surfaces.
Both products can be installed directly onto grass or compacted soil. Each surface is porous and can be laid to a bespoke design in order to create laps, swirls or loops. Rubber Mulch and Rubber-Gravel Mix surfaces are highly durable, meet existing anti-slip regulations, and will hold firm under heavy footfall.
* It is not mandatory for schools to invest in a running track in order to participate in The Daily Mile.
*Colours shown are for reference only. For exact colour matches, please request a sample.
DCM Surfaces recommends using two products which require very little groundworks, making them suitable for The Daily Mile; Rubber Mulch and Rubber-Gravel Mix.
Click here to view all Rubber Mulch colour choices.
Click here to view all Rubber-Gravel colour choices.
Site Name: Millbrook Primary School
Surface Type: Rubber-Gravel Mix
In order to implement the Daily Mile Challenge, Millbrook Primary School required a 540lm x 1.5m all-weather running track which could be installed over the existing sports field in order to be used by pupils and teachers year-round.
Site Name: St Paul’s CE Primary School
Surface Type: Rubber Mulch
Since 2012 the Daily Mile initiative has been growing throughout schools across the UK. Each year, schools are installing an easy way for children to take part in their mile a day fitness activity.
Running tracks suitable for The Daily Mile offer the following benefits:
• The products we use are both non-toxic, odourless and non-flammable
• Prevents any weeds while allowing water to permeate into the ground
• Wide range of colours available to suit your colour scheme and branding
• Easy to maintain, naturally keeps clean and easy to run all year round
• Consistent high-quality running surface – no bumps or holes