Running trackS suitable for The Daily Mile™
The Daily Mile is a worldwide initiative which aims to get children out of the classroom for 15 minutes every day to run or jog, at their own pace, in the fresh air with friends.
Running tracks suitable for The Daily Mile can be made by creating a route into an existing playground. However, many schools with little usable space have invested in an all-weather, purpose-built track.
DCM Surfaces recommends using two products which are ideal running tracks suitable for The Daily Mile; Rubber Mulch and Rubber-Gravel Mix.
Both products can be installed directly onto grass or compacted soil. Each surface is porous and can be laid to a bespoke design in order to create laps, swirls or loops. Rubber Mulch and Rubber-Gravel Mix surfaces are highly durable, meet existing anti-slip regulations, and will hold firm under heavy footfall.
* It is not mandatory for schools to invest in a running track in order to participate in The Daily Mile.
Running tracks suitable for The Daily Mile…
• We use two great products for the tracks, rubber mulch and rubber-gravel mix
• The products we use are both non-toxic, odourless and non-flammable
• Prevents any weeds while allowing water to permeate into the ground
• Wide range of colours available to suit your colour scheme and branding
• Easy to maintain, naturally keeps clean and easy to run all year round
• Consistent high-quality running surface – no bumps or holes