POLYMERIC SURFACES OVERVIEW
The term Multi Use Games Area (MUGA) refers to an overarching category of outdoor synthetic sports surfaces that can be used for a multitude of sports, and made up of various composite materials depending on the sporting activities of which it is due to be used.
DCM Surfaces is able to offer various surfaces to meet specific performance requirements, including IAAF, Sport England and SAPCA.
MUGA Sport Surfaces
MUGA sport surfaces are designed for when a variety of sports are required to be played on one surface. These sports may include:
• Mini tennis
• Low level netball / basketball
• Five-a-side football
Other sports that might also be played include:
• Rugby union and rugby league
• Lawn bowls
• Tag rugby
• Athletics practice
• Roller hockey
There are three main types of surfaces which are ideal for Multi-Use Game Areas:
Specialist Sport Surfaces
• Professional Running Tracks
• MUGA’s for Roof-Tops (Non-Porous Systems)
• Professional Netall Courts
POLYMERIC SURFACES BUILD UP
Key Benefits of the Stockmeier Track system:
• Granules have superior UV stability
• No batch to batch variation between bags
• No dust, so no colour bleeding
• Granules have been shaped to optimise slip resistance, spread rate and surface strength
• Granules are weather resistant
Mitigation of risks
• The temperature and weather conditions will be recorded each day of install and retained on DCM’s software system.
• If conditions become unsuitable (ground temperature required to be 10oC), the installation will be postponed until temperature requirements are met.
• The progress of the job will be monitored against submitted programme. If DCM run behind schedule due to weather delays, additional personnel will be assigned to the project.
• All operatives on site are suitably trained to a minimum of C.S.C.S standard and have suitable certification for any items of plant they may be required to be driven.
• DCM Supervisor to carry out regular inspections and Quality assurance checks of works being carried out.
• All stages of work are documented.
Q: What sports are suitable?
A: Polymeric surfaces are ideally suited for a variety of sports including tennis, basketball, football, athletics, general sports, and recreational training.
Q: Do you have to have an anti-slip spray?
A: Yes, EPDM has a slip rating as standard but certain sports require a higher slip rating.
Q: Can you wear studded boots?
A: No, studs and blades will damage the surface. The surface is designed for astro boots and trainers only.