The term Multi Use Games Area (MUGA) refers to an overarching category of outdoor synthetic sports surfaces that can be used for a multitude of sports, and made up of various composite materials depending on the sporting activities of which it is due to be used.
DCM Surfaces is able to offer various surfaces to meet specific performance requirements, including IAAF, Sport England and SAPCA.
• Granules have superior UV stability
• No batch to batch variation between bags
• No dust, so no colour bleeding
• Granules have been shaped to optimise slip resistance, spread rate and surface strength
• Granules are weather resistant
Mitigation of risks
• The temperature and weather conditions will be recorded each day of install and retained on DCM’s software system.
• If conditions become unsuitable (ground temperature required to be 10oC), the installation will be postponed until temperature requirements are met.
• The progress of the job will be monitored against submitted programme. If DCM run behind schedule due to weather delays, additional personnel will be assigned to the project.
• All operatives on site are suitably trained to a minimum of C.S.C.S standard and have suitable certification for any items of plant they may be required to be driven.
• DCM Supervisor to carry out regular inspections and Quality assurance checks of works being carried out.
• All stages of work are documented.